Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Big news

I have been wanting to write about this for a couple of weeks now, but we were waiting for a "for sure" moment. Well, that moment came on Monday when we found out how much our mortgage is going up. We were barely hanging on as it was, so to find out that our payment will go up by around $700 a month for the rest of 2007 was the breaking point. I had been feeling very convicted about how we were living anyway, and it's like God was affirming my thoughts by slamming that weight down on my toes. So now we know. If there was any question before, now we know that we must sell our house and buy something smaller. Monday afternoon our Realtor, who we love very much, came out and took pictures and we signed the listing agreement and Tuesday the house was listed for sale. And now we wait!

Where will we go? We are looking in Hurst and Bedford and North Richland Hills, although the traffic in NRH SUCKS! So if Hurst doens't give us something, we will expand to NRH. My dream house, (as big as I can dream for $115,000) is something built in the 60-70s that is fully functional and really ugly. That way we can live in it, and make it pretty as we are able to save some money. The hard part is finding something liveable for that price. Other important criteria are a back yard with TREES, a garage that we can park two full size cars in, storage building, and a decent neighborhood, (not a 'hood, haha) But we can't be too picky, because the price totally puts a cap on what we can find. I was surprised to find as many nice homes as I have. We will just see what God has in store for us next.

OH HO!! I almost forgot. I may have accidently gotten myself a part time job starting in September teaching preschool two days a week. The good part is that I can take Caleb with me for free. It's a 9:00-2:30 job Tuesdays and Thursdays at a Baptist Preschool/Mother's Day Out program. I am going to try to get on the substitute list as soon as we move. The church is in Hurst, so it would not be worth the drive from our current location, but man if I lived down the street it would totally rock!!

SO, good things fall into the laps of those who give it all up to God. I'm just waiting for the next lesson.

The MLS listing:
http://ntreislistings.marketlinx.com/SearchDetail/Scripts/PrtBuyFul/PrtBuyFul.asp?prp=mls&AgentId=0434046&EmailKey=19089540

No comments: