Friday, March 23, 2007

Sure and Unsure

And I'm not talking about deodorant! Ha.

The house is still for sale, and now Greg is looking for a job. He is still gainfully employed, but we're not sure for how long. I'm hoping he'll be able to quit before he's, ahem, "let go." It's just not right. I'm not going to get into that right now though. I'll just say, in defense of Greg, that he has not done anything different in the last two years to go from top level employee to third class employee. It's the system, and the man. What's the movie saying? "D@mn the man." That's exactly how I feel about that situation. haha

The house, though, is a hopeful situation. We have someone coming to take a second look at it tomorrow! Our agent is also having an open house here tomorrow and Sunday from 2-4 pm. Let's the offers roll in!!! (Or just one, that would be good too) Now, the problem is, where to go? And here's another saga:

Greg wants to pursue becoming a police officer. I would LOVE that!! No for real, I would. Having a man in bed beside me that knows how to fire a gun. (That is just sexy!) However afraid I am of guns, he is NOT afraid. He would love to learn. So we have begun the process of getting him into Police Academy in three different DFW cities: Denton, Arlington, and *gasp* Dallas. (Hey, DPD is giving a $10,000 signing bonus to all new hires... worth it!) We went out and jogged a little yesterday. When I say jogged, I mean, Greg ran a bit and I walked fast pushing the stroller. He lapped me! lol! I was SO proud of him for running as much as he did since he hasn't run a step since WAY before his lung surgery... it's been almost 2 years since he last ran for a workout, and 14 months since the surgery. I think he is half dead today though!

If the Police Academy works out, it will be a good two month hiring process before he gets accepted and starts getting paid... which is why he needs to either keep his current job or find an interim job to get us by until Academy starts. I know Arlington's isn't until August 27th and that's a long time to wait. I'm really hoping for Denton, but we'll take what we get at first.

The problem might be living situation for the short term. We are just taking everything in stride right now. What else can we do? There are so many questions that could weigh us down and cause stress and worry but we decided when the bad things started happening to give it all up to God and that's what we've done. And it is SO amazing that God has been faithful to us every time. I really love this rocky journey we're on -- it's way better than day to day mundaneness. I'll really take this over the ordinary ANY day.

No comments: