Monday, July 28, 2008

Can of worms

I am sitting on the couch with Greg's laptop and looking out our back door into our really awesome back yard right now. Besides the mandatory no-watering rule, it still looks kinda good. The grass has its spots, and some of the more sensitive trees are drooping, but mostly the yard is surviving the summer. We have so many birds in this yard. Mostly Mockingbirds, Blue Jays, and something brown with a red beak, and I see some tiny sparrows and other things I can't identify. I haven't tried yet. The Mockingbirds are pretty brave guys. They will land right on the back porch with worms or bugs in their mouths. Pretty neat to watch.

We opened the painting can of worms this weekend. We got yellow for Carly's room and should be finished with that by today. Of course now I want to repaint the whole house. I should rephrase that. I want the whole house to be repainted. Magically, with no work involved. I want to wake up tomorrow and the whole house be done in designer colors. Or at least something other than Drab. That's the current whole-house color. Well, it's either that or 80s wallpaper. So now we have to decide which rooms to buy paint for next. I'm thinking Caleb deserves a cool painted room next, but he has no theme involved in his room, so I don't know where to start. Probably blue, but that narrows it down to about 350 choices.

No comments: