Friday, September 12, 2008

Genes

I think I may have inherited the worry gene. I just had a strange feeling that felt almost like an anxiety attack, that tightening in the chest feeling and need to get some fresh air RIGHT NOW. Slightly dizzy, and then it settled into a pit in my stomach and commenced the gurgling. I know, yes, family members, this sounds eerily like a milk-induced GI attack, but alas, I have been controlling my diet for several months now, and no accidental ingestings of late. So back to the point. I now believe that it is possible to worry yourself physically ill. I have accomplished it today.

What was I anxious about you ask? That, my friends, is a private matter, and the reason I will probably suffer in this private little hell for my lifetime. It is genetic, I am convinced.