Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Miss Carly had her one-year-old checkup this week. She is 28.5 inches long, 20 pounds exactly, and has a big head! Her curves are funny to me, as I am a visual learner.. I love to see a graphical representation of growth. I'm a nerd, I know!! Anyway, her noggin is right up there at the top of normal range.. smart maybe? Or just has a big head maybe...

Tomorrow is Caleb's first day of Mother's Day Out. It's just two Wednesdays a month, but I think he will really benefit from being with the other kids. Maybe they will teach how to use the potty! I was completely convinced that $18 a day would be worth it when I took him for one day last semester for a MOPS sterring meeting, and when I went to pick him up he told me, "You go get baby first, I want to finish eating my lunch.." Basically, GO AWAY MOMMY! I stood and watched him for a few minutes and he was giggling at the other kids, having a great time. Convinced, right then and there.


I'm about to start some projects that are going to be so much stinkin fun!! TWO baby crib bedding sets. Today I finished up a couple of dresses that got put aside before Christmas, and they turned out SO SO SO cute!

I'll also be giving a friend and neighbor sewing lessons starting this week. I am using her as a guinea pig to see if I am any good as a teacher. I have had SO many people tell me, "I wish I knew how to sew!" that I decided to try my hand at teaching what I know. I'll let her tell me if I'm worth it!

That's pretty much it around here. Greg is working working working for Farmers and doing a few odd jobs with his yard service. I will get the party pictures up soon. The camera is across the house, and I'm too lazy to get up and get it.. Carly did have a fabulous party though!!

No comments: