Thursday, June 04, 2009

Time for an update

I am feeling like we are overdue for an all-around update, so here it is.

We've been VERY busy in the last 6 weeks since we got set free from Farmers. Greg immediately started working his lawn service full-time, and has done tremendously. He is busy every day, but makes himself take Sundays (or else!!!) and occasionally an afternoon to rest and regroup. He has been receiving calls left and right, and it is really great. It's funny how the combination of circumstances are always a testimony to God's work. If we hadn't transferred to Tyler... If Greg hadn't started mowing yards last summer for a little extra money... If Greg had gotten another job back when he was sorta looking several months ago... the list can literally drag on and on, we would never have had this thing happen at this time in this place. So anyway, all circumstances point us to this one truth: We feel called to do this, and it feels right!

I have also been very busy with my business in the last 6 weeks. Well, honestly I've been crazy busy since January, and have only stepped it up even more. I got my first wholesale order for a small boutique store in Flint, TX, and am working on getting ten outfits made, and working on crib bedding prices for them too. I have two wonderful friends who have offered to host a home show on June 27 to showcase my business to all of my Sunday School and MOPS group. I am hoping to book some additional shows from that (with incentives of course!). I also recently got a new sewing and embroidery combo machine, and yeehaw, it is fancy! I love it SO much. I grabbed it right out of the box and hooked up the embroidery function and did two weeks of embroidering before I ever even tried out the sewing function. Boy howdy, I was missing out! The sewing part can go without a foot pedal, which is a foreign comcept to me! It is all at a push of a button (or, more accurately, an LCD touch screen!). Needless to say, I am having fun while being creative and making money at the same time.. DREAM JOB!

Caleb is becoming more independent lately, and silly, and friendly. He talks nonstop, which is something we thought he might never do! His enunciation of words is really good-- we can understand almost everything he says. There ares till a few sounds he doesn't have, common for the age, like R, but from as quiet as he was, he has come a long way. He loves to run around and jump, and skip, and do any other kind of crazy way of walking. He is learning letters and numbers, and can say them all, and his favorite thing to do in the mornings is watch Sesame Street for the letter and number of the day (today's is S and 1). I try to engage him all day by reminding him what the letter and number of the day are and talk about things with that letter/number. We have been working a little on the letter sounds, and he likes to "spell" words in some of his books. He connects the word with the picture, so this is exciting to me! He is proving to us every day that he is SO much smarter than we ever could imagine, he just likes to keep it to himself (a lot like me at that age I think, and a lot like Greg now!).

Carly is something else... that girl!! She is 16 months old, and in to everything like she should be. She talks a lot (see next post), walks a lot, climbs a lot, eats a lot. Her latest trick is climbing onto Caleb's bed, and into the kitchen chairs. Both activities she gets in trouble for, but still she persists! Her latest words/phrases are "dink dink dink peeeeeeees," gone gone, waffle (fawfaw), frog, "Bubba peepee" (talking about the potty chair), really there are too many to list. And I feel silly typing it all out! Let's just say she can say a lot!

Well my time is up, Caleb is waking up and I've still got sewing to do!

1 comment:

Shelly said...

Loved the update on everything. So glad Greg is doing so well...and oh my, that video of Carly is ADORABLE. So cute!!