Monday, August 10, 2009

Betty Crocker Gluten Free Cookie Mix!

So.... I had heard from a couple of people that Betty Crocker has just started selling Gluten Free dessert mixes. Chocolate chip cookies, yellow cake, devil's food cake, and brownies to be exact. We picked up a box of chocolate chip cookies at Brookshire's yesterday and of course it's like my pantry was burning down... I couldn't even wait a whole day to make them! (That was a bad analogy. I realize it, and I accept it, but I can't change the fact that I'm a dork!)



They were super easy to make, and they turned out SO good! They even look normal! Greg tasted them and said they tasted "different," which of course they do since the mix uses rice flour and potato flour (or potato starch, can't remember) instead of "enriched whole wheat flour." The main difference is the texture, which is something a person gets used to. All in all, a good batch of cookies!

No comments: