Monday, November 23, 2009

Big Poppy's Ranch House

Last weekend we headed out west to my dad's land near Breckenridge, TX. While the trip out isn't what I'd call fun -- being in a car for 4 hours with two small children-- it was so worth it once we got there. I love being OUT - away from the city, away from the noise, away from neighbors (not that ours aren't awesome), away from everything. No cell phone reception. Kinda nice! We spent our time riding around in quiet carts looking for deer. Saw several, and one coyote. Mimi had a birthday cake surprise, Carly got quite muddy, Caleb went fishing, and there were mini kites and rubber-band helicopters. And Darts. It was a fun time! Can't wait to do it again sometime.

Oreks -- correct my spelling. These are white and brown cow-like deer from Africa. There are four of these guys, and they stick out like sores thumbs. This is the only picture I got of the landscape. It pretty much looks like this though, great hiding places for deer! (except the white ones, of course)


Carly collecting "my wocks"




It was quite chilly out there. Don't I look smashing in Camo?


Looking for deer


Mimi's Birthday Cake


I shot the rubber band helicopter onto the roof. Oops!


Riding in the carts near the house






Carly wanted to come down the hill "all by self"


Carly fell asleep during our last ride. So funny!


And one video of my funny kids!

No comments: