Monday, January 18, 2010

Burdened

Today has been a good day here, but I feel burdened for several friends right now. One friend, Lindsey, that I mentioned before, had a huge surgery today to help heal her body from cancer, and the hugeness of the surgery makes me emotional. You can read about it on her blog: http://pleasant-drive.blogspot.com. I can't even begin to fathom what she is going through physically, but the fact that tears come to my eyes just imagining it shows the monumental emotions she must be feeling. Pray for her to feel peace and to understand the reasons. I have been asking, "Why???" over and over. How much more can she ask that question! Pray that God will bless her more abundantly in the future than is even conceivable by the human imagination. I know He can and will.

I also have two mommy friends with babies in the hospital tonight. Carly's little friend Ava is positive for RSV, and Helena is still waiting on test results to find out what her sweet little boy has. Pray for these babies to get well soon, for their mommies to find some comfort and rest, and the rest of their families at home to still be able to function without mom at home for a while.

1 comment:

Pleasant Living said...

Lexi, I don't even know what to say in response to this post. You are a joy and a delight, and I just love you for it. You have blessed me abundantly today. Thank you, my precious sister.