Friday, June 04, 2010

The Back

Have I ever mentioned how much I love our backyard?? I'm sure I have, but in case I haven't...



I LOVE our backyard. When we were looking at this house, after I walked the back yard, I said out loud, "I love it. I want it!"

We have flowers blooming in all seasons-- even winter, thanks to the camellias. These are some I snapped just today.

Our first sunflower from the seeds the kids and I planted:


Rose:


Gerber Daisies:




And we have a garden. I have been trying my hand at gardening this summer and last. It's definitely a learning curve, and I'll admit my track record isn't very good, but it's fun to watch things grow!

Here are the squash plants I started from seeds, in a photo collage: (You can click to enlarge the collages.)


And here is the sweet basil I started in a little pot, also in a photo collage:



We are also growing tomatoes and jalapeno peppers, and I'm hoping for a watermelon seed to sprout soon. I already killed one watermelon plant, and a whole bunch of spinach plants, some cilantro seedlings, and a couple other herbs. I am trying though!

Here are the sunflowers. Just for measurements, when I took the picture today, the tallest one was up to my waist. These are called Mammoth sunflowers, and are supposed to get up to 12 feet high.. I can't wait!!



We also have blueberries! Bluuuuuuuuuberries!!!!!!! I love blueberries, and they should be ripe enough to pick in a two or three weeks, maybe sooner!





These are just a few of the many reasons I love our yard. I didn't even mention the huge oak trees, the swing set, the little swimming pool (a temporary summer staple), and the view.

No comments: