Friday, November 05, 2010

Favorite Song

Lately I've been "studying" the Christmas CD for our church's Christmas program. It's been playing in the car so I can listen to the parts and just get to know the music. It's a great lineup of music and I'm super excited to be a part of the music ministry at my church. There is one particular song, which is not a Christmas song, but is a huge bombastic finale song that serves as a proclamation of Who we sing about and all the names for God.. well, this song is Caleb and Carly's FAVORITE song in the world! Can't blame them, actually. It's a powerful song. And every time we get in the car they beg for me to skip to their favorite part of the song-- the end, of course. I LOVE to watch their reactions when the massive choir starts (basically) shouting out the names of God! Caleb literally starts jumping up and down as much as he can in his car seat and laughing and giggling. It touches my heart to see such a sweet and innocent outflow of joy. Just thinking about it makes my eyes water! I've gotten to where I can't look in the mirror while I drive because my eyes get so cloudy I can't see to drive! Carly grins the entire time too. She is such a funny girl-- wants to be just like big brother. The words of that part of the song are below:

Wonderful, Glorious!
Holy and righteous!

Victorious conqueror!
Triumphant and Mighty!
Healer, deliverer!
Shield and Defense!
Strong Tower and my Best Friend!

Omnipotent, Omnipresent Soon-Coming King!
Alpha, Omega, Lord of Everything!

Holy, Holy, HOLY is your name!

Great words, huh? Now, listen to it put to music:

"Lord, You're Holy" sung by the Prestonwood Baptist Choir and Orchestra




(the kids' favorite part starts at 3:10ish)

Can you see why I get emotional at the fact that my four-year-old son goes crazy at this song?! It's IN.CRED.I.BLE!!!

And if you want to see it performed live by a choir and orchestra almost as big as this one, make plans to come to the Green Acres Baptist Church Christmas program this December 12th and 13th. I'll be trying my best to play my French Horn and not cry through this one. :)

1 comment:

SisterOne said...

I LOVELOVELOVE this song! I'm so happy it's one of your favorites, too!